Paige Montfort's articles
If you’re a socially conscious adult, you may have experienced trouble navigating the jungle of brands and product offerings that is the eco-friendly space.
Big picture: Shopping dominates modern culture, yet it also advances many issues like messy supply chains or the abundance of plastic waste in the ocean.
Between the lines: Buying green or purchasing eco-friendly products creates a ‘warm glow’ in consumers. It generates satisfaction, like the feeling from helping others.
Purse vs. Purpose
- Buying less is better for the pocket book, but buying green isn’t often more expensive.
- Price often largest barrier for consumers
- Eco friendly items are often more expensive to less sustainable alternatives
For the people: Buy green or Buy less? Short answer — do both
- Limiting your consumption within reason
- On one ✋: you don’t need to stop buying things you need on a regular basis, but you might not need that fourth pair of sunglasses
- On the other ✋: you might deserve that new pair of sunglasses after your latest accomplishment, we get it. We encourage you to find a company that has limited environmental impact - Read how here.
Dig deeper → 3 min