What they do KAJ is a B2B entertainment consultancy that offers full service solutions ranging from brand experience; marketing, strategy, sponsorship and content creation and more.
- Forbes inc. estimates a $7 billion dollar revenue loss for the US concert and live event industry. This will inevitably lead to the downfall of startups like KAJ.
- PPE prices have more than tripled in price as a reflection of increased demand from COVID 19.
Why it matters PPE shortages are increasingly likely, and life threatening.
The pivot KAJ partnered with ApeironMed, a PPE supplier to co-sign a fundraiser to supply PPE at cost for Canadian hospitals in need.
For the people It’s important for small businesses and community members to do their part. KAJ listened to their community and saw an opportunity to connect a network to a cause. To learn more how they did it dive a little deeper below.
Dig deeper → 3 min
Why it matters
- The program failed to exclude big businesses and smaller firms in good standings from receiving the low-interest loans as part of the PPP.
- Small businesses received little to no help through the program.
- A large number of big businesses and small firms that received funding through PPP experienced financial hardship long before the COVID-19 crisis, according to an Associated Press Investigation.
Corporations facing backlash
- Several large beneficiaries have decided to return the loans received through the PPP.
- The LA Lakers, Kura Sushi USA and Sweetgreen have returned loans they received through PPP.
Between the lines
- Small business owners and executives found the PPP process of application ambiguous and confusing.
- The Small Business Administration and Treasury Department had given businesses that wrongfully received loans till May 7th to return funds.
- Corporations and small businesses that received over $2 million in loans will be audited and criminally prosecuted if found guilty of financial wrongdoing.
- Publix announced that it will purchase excess milk and food produce from farmers and donate it to Feeding America food banks.
- Eateries such as Ho Foods and Roku have been feeding healthcare workers through fundraisers, while using their own resources too.
Dig deeper → 4 min
The scoop Amsterdam has adopted the Doughnut Model as a tool for transformative action in the city’s post COVID-19 economy
What to know Kate Raworth’s Doughnut Model combines social and ecological perspectives to achieve sustainable economic growth beneficial for both society and the planet
Dig deeper → 3 min