Gung Ho Design
Price: $ $ $ $
Location: United Kingdom
When it comes to sustainability and environmental responsibility, Gung Ho Design stands out as a brand that is taking significant steps towards a greener future. Our “Planet” rating evaluates brands based on their environmental policies and initiatives throughout their supply chains, and Gung Ho Design has received a rating of “Great”. Here are a few factors that have influenced this rating:
- Gung Ho Design is committed to using a high proportion of lower-impact materials, such as organic cotton. By incorporating these materials into their products, the brand helps to limit the use of chemicals, water, and wastewater in their supply chain. This not only reduces their environmental footprint but also promotes a healthier planet.
- In addition to using low-impact materials, Gung Ho Design also takes steps to minimize waste. The brand limits its production runs, ensuring that they only produce what is necessary. By doing so, they reduce the amount of excess inventory and waste that would otherwise end up in landfills.
- Gung Ho Design is also dedicated to using recycled packaging. By choosing to package their products in materials that have already been used and repurposed, the brand further reduces its impact on the environment. This practice helps to save valuable resources and reduces the amount of waste generated from the packaging process.
When it comes to workers’ rights, Gung Ho Design has made strides towards creating a fair and inclusive work environment. Our “People” rating, which evaluates brands’ policies and practices regarding workers’ rights, rates Gung Ho Design as “It’s a Start”. Here are a few factors influencing this rating:
- Gung Ho Design is working with the Fair Wear Foundation to monitor part of its final production stage. This collaboration ensures that workers’ rights are respected and protected throughout the manufacturing process.
- While Gung Ho Design does not have a formal Code of Conduct, it does have a formal statement that covers workers’ rights. This statement emphasizes the brand’s commitment to treating its workers fairly and ethically.
- Gung Ho Design partially traces its supply chain, including all of the final production stage. This transparency is essential in ensuring that workers are treated well and are not subjected to exploitative practices.
- However, there’s no evidence to suggest that Gung Ho Design ensures workers are paid living wages in its supply chain. This is an area where the brand can improve and further prioritize the rights and well-being of its workers.
When assessing brands’ animal welfare policies and practices, our “Animals” rating focuses on how well they minimize animal suffering and trace the origin of their animal-derived products. Gung Ho Design has received a rating of “It’s a Start” in this category. Here’s why:
- Gung Ho Design has published a general statement about minimizing animal suffering, showing their commitment to ethical treatment of animals. While they do not have a formal animal welfare policy, this statement signifies their awareness and concern for animal well-being.
- Based on available information, Gung Ho Design appears to use wool, exotic animal hair, and silk in their products. These materials are considered less sustainable and can have a negative impact on animal welfare. However, the brand does not use leather, down, fur, angora, or exotic animal skin, which are known to have significant ethical concerns.
Overall, based on our evaluation of publicly available information, Gung Ho Design has received a rating of “Good” from us. This rating reflects the brand’s commitment to sustainability, but also highlights areas where further improvement is necessary, particularly in ensuring workers are paid living wages and minimizing the use of less sustainable animal-derived materials. Gung Ho Design serves as an example for other brands, showing that it is possible to create stylish and sustainable products without compromising on ethical principles.