Our “Planet” rating evaluates brands based on the environmental policies in their supply chains, from carbon emissions and wastewater to business models and product circularity. In the case of Pansy, we rate them as “Great”. There are several factors that influenced this rating:
- Pansy uses a high proportion of lower-impact materials, including organic cotton. This helps to limit the environmental impact of their supply chain, including the use of chemicals, water, and wastewater.
- To minimize waste, Pansy reuses some of their textile offcuts, further reducing their environmental footprint.
- Pansy manufactures its products closer to home, which helps to reduce the climate impact of long-distance shipping. This shows their commitment to sustainability in their business practices.
- In addition, Pansy uses recycled packaging, further minimizing their use of new resources and reducing waste.
Our “People” rating focuses on workers’ rights and evaluates brands’ policies and practices on issues such as child labor, living wages, and gender equality. In the case of Pansy, we rate them as “It’s a Start”. Here are some factors that influenced this rating:
- The final production stage for Pansy products happens in the USA, which is considered a medium-risk country for labor abuse. While this is a positive step, there is still room for improvement.
- Pansy traces most of its supply chain, showing a commitment to transparency and ensuring accountability.
- However, there is no evidence that Pansy has a Code of Conduct in place, which is essential for ensuring fair labor practices throughout the supply chain.
- Furthermore, there is no evidence to suggest that Pansy ensures workers are paid living wages in their supply chain. This is an important factor in ensuring fair and ethical treatment of workers.
Our “Animals” rating focuses on brands’ animal welfare policies and, where applicable, how well they trace their animal-derived products. Since Pansy products are generally free of animal-derived materials, we have not rated their impact on animals.
The overall rating for Pansy is based on their combined environment and labor scores. Based on all publicly available information we have reviewed, we rate Pansy as “Good” overall. This means that Pansy has taken significant steps towards sustainability in their supply chain, but there is still room for improvement in certain areas such as workers’ rights and ensuring living wages for workers.