Environmental Policies and Impact
Isla In Bloom has been rated “Good” in our “Planet” rating, which evaluates brands based on their environmental policies in the supply chain. The brand has taken several measures to reduce its impact on the planet.
- One of the significant factors contributing to its positive rating is the use of a high proportion of lower-impact materials, including recycled materials. By utilizing these materials, Isla In Bloom reduces its reliance on new resources and minimizes environmental harm.
- The brand also focuses on using low-impact materials throughout its supply chain, which helps limit the use of harmful chemicals, water, and wastewater. By adopting these materials, Isla In Bloom ensures that its production processes have a reduced impact on the environment.
- In addition, Isla In Bloom prioritizes the avoidance of plastic packaging. Plastic waste is a significant environmental concern, and by eliminating or minimizing its use, the brand contributes to reducing plastic pollution.
- The brand also takes steps to reduce the climate impact of long-distance shipping. It manufactures its products closer to home, which helps reduce carbon emissions associated with transportation. This decision showcases Isla In Bloom’s commitment to sustainable practices.
- Moreover, Isla In Bloom offers clothing recycling options to consumers, demonstrating its commitment to circularity. However, the brand does not currently report on the results of its recycling efforts, which could provide transparency and accountability.
Labour Practices and Workers’ Rights
Isla In Bloom’s “People” rating, focusing on workers’ rights, is currently rated as “It’s a Start.” While the brand has made progress in certain areas, there are still areas for improvement.
- The final production stage of Isla In Bloom products takes place in Australia, which is considered a low-risk country for labor abuse. This ensures that the brand’s products are manufactured in an environment where workers’ rights are protected.
- Isla In Bloom also traces most of its supply chain, promoting transparency and responsible sourcing. This enables the brand to have a better understanding of the working conditions and practices throughout its supply chain.
- However, there is currently no evidence of Isla In Bloom having a Code of Conduct in place. A Code of Conduct establishes clear guidelines and expectations for ethical practices, ensuring that workers are treated fairly and safely.
- Furthermore, there is no evidence to suggest that Isla In Bloom ensures workers in its supply chain are paid living wages. Paying living wages is crucial for ensuring that workers can meet their basic needs and have a decent standard of living.
Overall Rating and Conclusion
Based on our evaluation of all publicly available information, Isla In Bloom has received a rating of “Good” overall. This rating is a combination of its scores in the “Planet” and “People” categories.
Isla In Bloom demonstrates a commitment to environmental sustainability by using lower-impact and recycled materials, avoiding plastic packaging, and manufacturing products closer to home. However, there is room for improvement in terms of reporting on clothing recycling results for transparency.
Regarding workers’ rights, while Isla In Bloom ensures the final production stage occurs in a low-risk country and traces most of its supply chain, the brand could strengthen its policies by implementing a Code of Conduct and ensuring living wages for workers in its supply chain.
Overall, Isla In Bloom has made positive strides towards sustainability and workers’ rights. By continuing to improve its practices and policies, the brand can further enhance its impact and contribute to a more sustainable and ethical fashion industry.