Price: $ $ $ $
Our blog aims to promote sustainability and highlight brands that prioritize the environment. In this article, we will explore Kampos, a brand that has been rated “Great” in terms of its environmental policies and practices. Let’s delve into the factors that influence Kampos’ rating and why it is considered a sustainable brand.
Environmental Rating: “Great”
The “Planet” rating evaluates brands based on their environmental policies and practices in their supply chains. Kampos has received a “Great” rating in this category, mainly due to the following factors:
- High Proportion of Lower-Impact Materials: Kampos prioritizes the use of lower-impact materials, including recycled materials. By utilizing such materials, the brand reduces its environmental footprint.
- Low-Impact Materials: The brand also focuses on using low-impact materials that help limit the use of chemicals, water, and wastewater in its supply chain. This commitment to reducing negative environmental impacts is commendable.
- Manufacturing Proximity: Kampos manufactures its products closer to home, which helps reduce the climate impact associated with long-distance shipping. By opting for local production, the brand minimizes carbon emissions and supports local economies.
- Avoiding Plastic Packaging: Another significant aspect of Kampos’ sustainable practices is its commitment to avoiding plastic packaging. By opting for alternative packaging materials, the brand reduces plastic waste and its environmental impact.
People Rating: “Good”
Worker rights and fair practices are essential considerations when assessing a brand’s sustainability. Kampos has received a “Good” rating in the “People” category. Here are a few factors that contribute to its rating:
- Careful Production Stage Location: The final production stage of Kampos’ products takes place in Italy, a country classified as a medium risk for labor abuse. By choosing this location, the brand demonstrates its commitment to avoiding regions associated with labor rights violations.
- Comprehensive Code of Conduct: Kampos has established a Code of Conduct that covers the International Labor Organization’s Four Fundamental Freedoms principles. This ensures that the brand adheres to internationally recognized labor standards.
- Supply Chain Traceability: Most of Kampos’ supply chain is traceable, enabling the brand to identify any potential concerns and take necessary actions to address them.
- Auditing Supply Chain: Kampos conducts audits on some segments of its supply chain, including the final production stage. This monitoring process helps identify any non-compliance issues and ensures that labor practices align with ethical standards.
- Living Wages: While Kampos demonstrates responsible practices in various aspects, there is no concrete evidence to suggest that it ensures workers in its supply chain are paid living wages. This is an area where the brand can improve and further prioritize fair compensation.
Animals Rating: “Good”
In our “Animals” rating, we assess brands based on their animal welfare policies and the traceability of their animal-derived products. Kampos has received a rating of “Good” in this category, influenced by the following factors:
- Minimal Use of Animal-Derived Materials: Kampos uses few animal-derived materials in its products, reflecting a conscious effort to minimize its impact on animals.
- Exotic Animal Hair: It appears that Kampos utilizes exotic animal hair in some of its products. While this may raise concerns for animal welfare, it is important to note that the overall rating takes into account various factors.
- Avoidance of Certain Animal-Derived Materials: The brand does not appear to use materials such as leather, wool, down, fur, angora, or exotic animal skin in its products. This commitment to avoiding certain animal-derived materials positively contributes to its rating.
Overall Rating: “Good”
Based on the comprehensive assessment of Kampos’ practices and policies, we rate the brand as “Good” overall. It has demonstrated a commitment to environmental sustainability, worker rights, and animal welfare. However, there is room for improvement, particularly in ensuring workers are paid living wages. Kampos serves as an inspiring example for other brands, showcasing the positive impact sustainable practices can have on our planet and society.