Busy? Try the speed read.
Necessary Features to Make a Container Home More Environmentally Friendly.
Container homes are more sustainable alternatives to traditional homes. However, it’s necessary to add certain features that increase a container home’s efficiency and reduce the environmental impact.
- Use a Secondhand Container
- Source Local Materials
- Install Sustainable Sourced Insulation
- Reduced AC and Heating to Suit Space
- Self Sufficiency with Solar Panels
- Use a Non-Toxic Sealing Primer
- Add a Rainwater Catchment System
- Energy Efficient LED Bulbs
- High-Performance Windows
- Space saving Appliances
Beyond green buildings, you also have to commit yourself to live in a greener way. Ultimately, housing itself isn’t what will save the planet — it’s how you act that makes or breaks a sustainable lifestyle.
Dig deeper —> 7 min