The scoop: I lived in Japan for almost three years and learned a lot about sustainable living through cultural norms and traditional mentality.
Key Sustainability Lessons From Japan
- The Japanese are a very cohesive group of people who inherently share common goals for the good of the country
- Certain cultural norms in Japan have helped the country to reduce carbon and promote sustainable living
- Living conditions in Japan naturally encourage careful use of resources such as water, energy, and food
- Urban and rural transportation systems are a huge factor in the reduction of greenhouse gases
- Care for mental and physical health improves conditions towards a sustainable lifestyle
Dig Deeper → 5 min