Busy? Try the speed read.
Everyone deserves to have the wedding day of their dreams, but that doesn’t need to come at the cost of the environment. Let’s find out how to create a sustainable wedding.
- Go For Vintage Jewelry
- Vintage engagement or wedding rings are good for the environment and your bank account.
- Vintage jewelry is VAT exempt
- Not to mention, it is breathtakingly beautiful with a depth of history for you to enjoy.
- Ask Your Venue About Environmental Commitment
- How do they dispose of food waste? What is their recycling policy? Are they energy efficient?
- Allow Bridesmaids To Choose Own Dress
- If you choose the dress for your bridesmaids, it isn’t guaranteed that they will wear it again, and we know that wearing clothes once and never again is not very environmentally friendly!
- Allow your bridesmaids to choose their own dresses.
- Rent The Groomsmen Tuxes
- You can get higher quality suits by renting.
- It will be cheaper and far less waste will be produced
- Consider Vegan Menu
- Better for the environment, and can be elegant when done right.
- Choose In Season Flowers
- Choosing seasonal flowers will help you to capture the season of your wedding beautifully, giving a timeless and beautiful addition to your wedding décor.
- Choosing local and seasonal flowers also cut out the need to import flowers from abroad or even across the country.
- Eco-Friendly Wedding Favors
- Give out eco-friendly wedding favors. Choose biodegradable flower bombs or vegan chocolate from a local shop.
Dig deeper ➝ 5 min