Dreamers & Drifters
Rating: It's a start
Price: $ $ $ $
Welcome to the best blog about sustainability in the world! In this article, we will be discussing Dreamers & Drifters, a brand that focuses on creating fashionable and sustainable clothing. We will delve into their environmental policies, workers’ rights practices, and animal welfare initiatives. Let’s explore how Dreamers & Drifters is making a positive impact on our planet.
When it comes to environmental practices, Dreamers & Drifters is making progress, but there is still room for improvement. Our “Planet” rating for the brand is “It’s a Start.” Let’s take a closer look at their environmental efforts:
- They use some lower-impact materials, such as organic cotton, which reduces their overall carbon footprint.
- However, there is no evidence that they are taking meaningful action to reduce or eliminate hazardous chemicals in their manufacturing processes.
- Similarly, there is no evidence of significant efforts to reduce water use, which is crucial in minimizing the fashion industry’s impact on the environment.
- To minimize waste, Dreamers & Drifters limits its production runs, which is a step in the right direction.
Workers’ Rights Practices
Workers’ rights are of utmost importance in our assessments, and here, Dreamers & Drifters falls short. Our “People” rating for the brand is “Not Good Enough.” Let’s examine the factors that influenced this rating:
- Dreamers & Drifters sources its final stage of production from countries that are at extreme risk of labor abuse. This raises concerns about the brand’s supply chain transparency and ethical sourcing practices.
- There is no evidence of the brand having a Code of Conduct in place to ensure ethical standards are met throughout their supply chain.
- While the brand does partly trace its supply chain, it falls short in fully disclosing information about all of the final production stages.
- No evidence suggests that Dreamers & Drifters ensures workers are paid living wages in its supply chain.
Animal Welfare Initiatives
Animal welfare is another critical aspect of our assessments, and Dreamers & Drifters is making progress in this area. Our “Animals” rating for the brand is “It’s a Start.” Let’s take a look at the factors impacting this rating:
- Currently, there is no evidence that Dreamers & Drifters has an animal welfare policy in place. Developing and implementing such a policy would demonstrate their commitment to ethical sourcing of materials.
- The brand appears to use leather in its products, which raises concerns regarding the sourcing and treatment of animals used in their supply chain.
- However, it is worth noting that Dreamers & Drifters does not appear to use wool, down, fur, angora, exotic animal skin, or exotic animal hair, which reflects a positive step towards animal-friendly practices.
Based on our evaluation of all publicly available information, we rate Dreamers & Drifters as “It’s a Start” overall. While the brand has made some commendable efforts in terms of lower-impact materials and limited production runs, there is still much work to be done, particularly regarding hazardous chemicals, water use reduction, workers’ rights, and animal welfare policies. We encourage Dreamers & Drifters to continue their sustainability journey, implementing robust measures to create a more sustainable and ethical fashion industry.