Busy? Try the speed read.
Necessary Features to Make a Container Home More Environmentally Friendly.
Container homes are more sustainable alternatives to traditional homes. However, it’s necessary to add certain features that increase a container home’s efficiency and reduce the environmental impact.
- Use a Secondhand Container
- Source Local Materials
- Install Sustainable Sourced Insulation
- Reduced AC and Heating to Suit Space
- Self Sufficiency with Solar Panels
- Use a Non-Toxic Sealing Primer
- Add a Rainwater Catchment System
- Energy Efficient LED Bulbs
- High-Performance Windows
- Space saving Appliances
Beyond green buildings, you also have to commit yourself to live in a greener way. Ultimately, housing itself isn’t what will save the planet — it’s how you act that makes or breaks a sustainable lifestyle.
Dig deeper —> 7 min
The scoop: New construction needs to prioritize sustainable practices to prevent an energy crisis in the future. Real estate investors are starting to take notice.
Facts and figures:
- The World Economic Forum reports that over 37% of global emissions in 2020 came from buildings. And not just new construction: 69% of those emissions stemmed from operating existing buildings.
- Investment in the energy efficiency of buildings continues to climb. It reached more than $180 billion in 2020, up 11% from the previous year.
- New sustainable buildings alone will present a $24.7 trillion investment opportunity in emerging markets by 2030.
Bottom line: Investors are and will always be driven by returns. But the private sector is starting to realize the necessary risk assessment and tax burdens associated with energy-sucking real estate. Green building is the future.
Dig deeper → 3 min
Check it out Founded in April, Zauben is an end-to-end product and service company centered around green roofs and living walls.
The story Chief Vision Officer & Founder Zachary Smith was uniquely inspired by the abundance of artificial tools and toys in our everyday life. Smith observed expanding city limits, looming threats from climate change, and an increasing dependence on technology.
Learn more Green building remains a relatively young, untapped market in the United States. Zauben looks to be at the forefront of this hot urban trend in the coming years. They have a team of dedicated, award-wining designers who are ready to kick-ass in their first year of launching. Get ready to green the world with Zauben.
Dig deeper --> 3 min