You’re tired of fast fashion’s environmental toll, and you’re ready to make a change.
Welcome to the world of sustainable, non-fast fashion brands! They’re not just about style but also about making a positive impact.
From Organic Basics to Kotn and ABLE, these brands champion ethical manufacturing and slow fashion, proving you don’t have to compromise your values for a great outfit.
Ready to discover the best sustainable fashion brands? Let’s dive in!
- Sustainable fashion brands like Organic Basics, Tentree, Kotn, ABLE, Tonle, and Jan ‘n June are leading the way in ethical and environmentally friendly clothing production.
- Organic Basics is dedicated to using eco-friendly materials like organic cotton and Tencel, ensuring fair treatment of factory workers, and avoiding the use of fur, leather, or exotic animal skin.
- Tentree plants ten trees for every item sold and uses sustainable materials and renewable energy in their manufacturing processes.
- Kotn works closely with cotton farmers in Egypt, ensuring fair wages and supporting education for the children of cotton farmers.
- ABLE supports women in Ethiopia, Mexico, Peru, and Brazil by providing them with opportunities to earn money through the creation of stylish bags, clothes, shoes, and jewelry.
- Tonle focuses on reducing waste in the fashion industry by using old fabrics in their handmade garments and paying fair wages to their workers.
- Jan ‘n June uses recycled fabrics, manufactures locally to reduce carbon emissions, minimizes waste by reusing leftover materials, and avoids the use of animal-based products in their clothing.
Taken from: https://us.organicbasics.com/
Organic Basics is a brand you’ll love if you care about the environment. They’re changing the way we think about clothing by using eco-friendly materials. This brand isn’t just about looking stylish; it’s also about helping the planet.
As one of the premier non fast fashion brands, they make underwear and home clothes in a fair way in Europe using materials like organic cotton and Tencel. They also love using recycled materials.
Organic Basics makes their clothes in a clean and green way. They use renewable energy and try to reduce their environmental impact. They do this by using less chemicals, water, and wastewater in making their clothes.
But Organic Basics isn’t just about the environment. They care about people, too. They have a formal statement covering the rights of their factory workers, and they track where most of their materials are sourced from. You can feel good knowing that the people who made your clothes are treated well.
To make the Organic Basics even better, they don’t use fur, leather, or exotic animal skin!
Taken from: https://www.tentree.com/
If you care about the Earth, you’ll like Tentree. This brand isn’t part of the fast fashion world. Tentree makes ethical clothing with the planet in mind, using materials like recycled resources and sustainable fabrics like cotton and hemp.
Here’s why Tentree is a great brand:
- B Corp Certification: Tentree is a certified B corporation, meaning it meets high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. When it comes to sustainability and sustainable practices, they’re not just about talking the talk – they walk the walk, too.
- Ten Trees Planted for Every Purchase: As their name suggests, Tentree plants 10 trees for every item sold. They’ve already planted almost a hundred million trees around the world. This significantly offsets any carbon footprint that they may have.
- Using Better Materials: Tentree prioritizes sustainability by using materials that don’t need a lot of chemicals, water, or wastewater.
- Using Green Energy: Tentree uses renewable energy to lessen the impact of its apparel manufacturing on the climate.
Tentree is a leader in making clothes in a way that’s good for the planet. They show that it’s possible to make cool clothes while also taking care of the Earth.
Taken from: https://kotn.com/
While looking for the best sustainable clothing brands, you should think about Kotn. This slow fashion brand is known for its soft and strong cotton sustainable clothes.
Since it started, Kotn has worked hard to help the communities where its cotton comes from. They’ve even joined forces with a charity in Egypt to make sure that the children of cotton farmers can go to school.
Kotn’s impact on the environment is also important. They get their cotton straight from family-run farms in the Nile Delta. Plus, the workers on these farms are the ones who decide their own fair wages so that they always may earn fairly. This helps them grow in their careers and makes the supply chain fairer.
Kotn’s dedication to slow fashion, ethical making, and being eco-friendly make it stand out in the fashion world. Its strong commitment to these values makes it a brand you should think about when shopping for eco-friendly fashion.
Taken from: https://www.ableclothing.com/
ABLE is a well-known brand in sustainable & affordable fashion. They care about the environment and also support women in making money. This company from the U.S. is working really hard to deliver customers comfy wardrobe essentials
They do this by giving women in Ethiopia, Mexico, Peru, and Brazil the chance to earn money. They make stylish bags, clothes, shoes, and jewelry out of leather.
ABLE makes sure to not harm the environment when making their products. They make all their jewelry by hand in Nashville, TN. They also try to use fewer dangerous chemicals.
Here are 3 simple facts about ABLE’s dedication to sustainable fashion:
- ABLE works with business people in poor countries and helps them earn money.
- They make products by hand, which is better for the environment.
- They use different materials like cotton, viscose, silk, and lyocell.
ABLE shows us that fashion can help people and also be good for the environment.
Taken from: https://www.shopwearwell.com/collections/tonle
You may not know about Tonle, but it’s a clothing brand that’s really focused on being eco-friendly. Unlike most fashion brands, Tonle isn’t just centered around one designer. Instead, it’s a group of craftspeople, designers, and weavers who are the heart of the business.
Tonle’s main goal is to change the fashion industry by not creating waste and using fair manufacturing methods. The brand’s clothes are made by hand using old fabrics, which cuts down the need for new materials and makes sure nothing is wasted. Even tiny fabric pieces are used, mixed with paper, to make unique paper designs.
Tonle isn’t just about the clothes, though. They make sure all their workers are paid a fairly living wage, and they work hard to improve the community and the environment. Each ethically made garment is made by small groups, which helps local economies and supports slow fashion.
Tonle shows that fashion doesn’t have to be fast or wasteful. It’s possible to make beautiful, high-quality clothes while still being kind to people and the earth. This is what makes Tonle one of the top eco-friendly brands around.
Jan ‘n June
Taken from: https://jannjune.com/
If you love slow fashion, you might really enjoy checking out Jan ‘n June. This brand is changing the way we think about green fashion. They care about the environment and make their clothes locally. They started in 2013, and since then, they’ve been making fashionable, long-lasting clothes.
Here are four reasons to think about adding Jan ‘n June to your closet:
- Green Materials: The Jan ‘n June brand uses lot of recycled fabrics to make their clothes. This cuts down on chemicals, water, and dirty water used in making them.
- Made Locally: By making their clothes close to home, they lower their impact on the environment and add their bit to the ongoing fight against climate change and carbon emissions.
- Less Waste: They reuse most of their leftover material to cut down on waste. They try to use every bit of material they have.
- Kind to Animals: You won’t find fur, leather, down, exotic animal skin, or angora in their clothes. They only use wool that’s been approved by the Responsible Wool Standard.
Jan ‘n June is more than just a clothing brand. They’re showing that fashion often can be both trendy and good for the planet. Why not give them a shot? You’ll not only look great but feel good about your choices, too.
Fast fashion may offer quick, cheap trends, but the toll it takes on the environment is far too high. Thankfully, brands like Organic Basics, Tentree, Kotn, ABLE, Tonle, and Jan ‘n June are offering viable alternatives. They’re creating high-quality pieces that don’t just make you look good but also help you contribute to a more sustainable world.
By choosing to support these ethical, sustainable fashion brands, you’re voting with your wallet for the kind of world you want to live in. You’re standing up for fair wages, eco-friendly manufacturing processes, and responsible resource use. In essence, you’re making a difference.
So next time you feel the urge to refresh your wardrobe or find that perfect outfit for a special occasion, remember these brands. Each purchase is not only an investment in your style but also a contribution towards preserving our planet for future generations. Go ahead and explore these sustainable fashion brands – fashion never felt so good!