The scoop A new stock exchange was approved by the SEC in 2019. It focuses on long-term sustainability. We thought it demanded more PR.
Things to know
- 87% of executives and directors feel most pressured to demonstrate strong financial performance within two years.
- If all US companies had employed long-term strategies, they would have added
- $1 trillion to U.S. GDP
- Five million jobs between 2001 and 2015
- Economic earnings for long-term firms grew on average 81% more than other firms.
Long Term Stock Exchange was founded by Eric Ries after an international tour for his NYT best-seller Lean Startup. The stock exchange uses principles-based listing standards for new companies.
Bottom line In a time in which we face unprecedented and urgent long-term problems such as climate change, racial injustice, and the threat of epidemics, it is crucial that our infrastructure supports the long-term solutions needed to tackle such complex problems.
Dig deeper → 4 min
- Capture: This app helps you measure your carbon footprint
- RecycleCoach: Become a better recycler using this app!
- Buycott: Become a smarter and more conscious consumer using this app
- Waze: Use this app to find alternate routes and save money and gas, while reducing the environmental impact of your commute!
- PaperKarma: Track and cut paper waste by stopping junk mail using this app.