Price: $ $ $ $
Location: United States
Our “Planet” rating evaluates brands based on the environmental policies in their supply chains, from carbon emissions and wastewater to business models and product circularity. Here we rate Sotela “Great”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It uses a high proportion of lower-impact materials including organic cotton.
- It uses low impact materials that help limit the chemicals, water, and wastewater in its supply chain.
- To minimise waste, its products are made-to-order.
- It uses recycled packaging.
Workers’ rights are central to our “People” rating, which assesses brands’ policies and practices on everything from child labour to living wages and gender equality. Here we rate Sotela “Good”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- Its products are made in-house by a small team.
- It partly traces its supply chain including the final and most of the second production stages.
- It ensures workers in the final production stage are paid a living wage, though not in its entire supply chain.
Brands’ animal welfare policies and, where applicable, how well they trace their animal-derived products are the focus of our “Animals” rating. Here we rate Sotela “Good”. It doesn’t appear to use animal-derived materials but doesn’t claim to be a vegan brand.
Based on all publicly available information we’ve reviewed, we rate Sotela “Good” overall.