Rating: It's a start
Price: $ $ $ $
Dresden is a brand that is striving towards sustainability in the world. In our evaluation of the brand’s environmental policies in their supply chains, we have given Dresden a rating of “It’s a Start” in our “Planet” rating. This rating takes into account various factors that influence the brand’s score.
- One of the factors that positively influences Dresden’s score is their use of a medium proportion of lower-impact materials, including recycled materials. By incorporating these materials into their products, Dresden helps reduce their environmental footprint.
- Dresden also uses low impact materials that contribute to limiting the use of chemicals, water, and wastewater in their supply chain. This is another factor that contributes to their positive rating.
- In an effort to reduce the climate impact of long-distance shipping, Dresden manufactures its products closer to home. By doing so, they are able to minimize the carbon emissions associated with transportation.
- However, one area where Dresden can improve is in minimizing its packaging. The brand currently has no evidence of taking action to reduce packaging waste, especially in terms of plastic. Addressing this issue would greatly enhance their sustainability efforts.
In addition to evaluating the brand’s environmental policies, we also assess their policies and practices related to workers’ rights in our “People” rating. Unfortunately, Dresden has been rated as “Not Good Enough” in this category due to several factors.
- While Dresden’s final production stage takes place in Australia, which is a low-risk country for labor abuse, there is no evidence of the brand having a Code of Conduct in place. Establishing a Code of Conduct would demonstrate their commitment to fair labor practices.
- Furthermore, there is no evidence of Dresden auditing its suppliers. Supplier audits play a crucial role in ensuring that workers are being treated ethically and that labor rights are respected.
- Additionally, there is no evidence that Dresden ensures workers in its supply chain are paid living wages. Ensuring fair wages is essential for promoting worker well-being and reducing social inequality.
Our “Animals” rating focuses on brands’ animal welfare policies and their traceability of animal-derived products. Since Dresden produces products that are generally free of animal-derived materials, we have not rated their impact on animals in this category.
The overall rating of Dresden is based on their combined scores in the environment and labor categories. Taking into account all publicly available information, we have rated Dresden as “It’s a Start” overall. While there are areas for improvement, Dresden’s efforts towards sustainability are commendable. The brand has made progress in using lower-impact materials and reducing the climate impact of shipping. However, there is room for growth in terms of workers’ rights and minimizing packaging waste. With continued dedication to sustainable practices, Dresden has the potential to further enhance their overall rating in the future.