Rating: It's a start
Price: $ $ $ $
Our “Planet” rating evaluates brands based on the environmental policies in their supply chains, from carbon emissions and wastewater to business models and product circularity. Here we rate AKOIASWIM “Great”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It uses a high proportion of lower-impact materials including recycled materials.
- It uses low impact materials that help limit the chemicals, water, and wastewater in its supply chain.
- To minimize waste, it limits its production runs.
- It uses low-impact dyes in most of its products.
Workers’ rights are central to our “People” rating, which assesses brands’ policies and practices on everything from child labor to living wages and gender equality. Here we rate AKOIASWIM “Not Good Enough”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It sources its final stage of production from countries with an extreme risk of labor abuse.
- It traces most of its supply chain.
- There’s no evidence it ensures workers are paid living wages in its supply chain.
- There’s no evidence it audits its suppliers.
Brands’ animal welfare policies and, where applicable, how well they trace their animal-derived products are the focus of our “Animals” rating. Since AKOIASWIM makes products that are generally free of animal-derived materials, we’ve not rated its impact on animals.
Its overall rating is based on its combined environment and labor scores. Based on all publicly available information we’ve reviewed, we rate AKOIASWIM “It’s a Start” overall.