Price: $ $ $ $
Location: United States
Our “Planet” rating evaluates brands based on the environmental policies in their supply chains, from carbon emissions and wastewater to business models and product circularity. Here we rate behno “It’s a Start”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It uses few lower-impact materials.
- It uses low-waste cutting techniques to maximise fabric use.
- To reduce its climate impacts, it uses renewable energy in its supply chain.
- There’s no evidence it’s taking meaningful action to reduce water use.
Workers’ rights are central to our “People” rating, which assess brands’ policies and practices on everything from child labour to living wages and gender equality. Here we rate behno “Good”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It has a mission to improve working conditions in its supply chain.
- It ensures healthcare for workers in its supply chain.
- It partly traces its supply chain including all of the final production stage.
- It visits its suppliers regularly.
- It’s not clear if it ensures workers are paid living wages in its supply chain.
Brands’ animal welfare policies and, where applicable, how well they trace their animal-derived products are the focus of our “Animals” rating. Here we rate behno “Not Good Enough”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- There’s no evidence it has an animal welfare policy.
- It appears to use leather.
- It doesn’t appear to use wool, down, fur, angora, exotic animal skin, or exotic animal hair.
Based on all publicly available information we’ve reviewed, we rate behno “Good” overall.