Our “Planet” rating evaluates brands based on the environmental policies in their supply chains, from carbon emissions and wastewater to business models and product circularity. Here we rate ID.EIGHT “It’s a Start”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It uses a medium proportion of lower-impact materials including recycled materials.
- It uses low impact materials that help limit the chemicals, water, and wastewater in its supply chain.
- There’s no evidence it minimises solvent-based chemicals, which can be harmful to workers and the environment in production.
- There’s no evidence it minimises textile waste in its supply chain.
Workers’ rights are central to our “People” rating, which assesses brands’ policies and practices on everything from child labour to living wages and gender equality. Here we rate ID.EIGHT “It’s a Start”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- Its final production stage happens in the European Union, a low/medium risk region for labour abuse.
- It traces most of its supply chain.
- There’s no evidence it has a Code of Conduct.
- There’s no evidence it ensures workers are paid living wages in its supply chain.
Brands’ animal welfare policies and, where applicable, how well they trace their animal-derived products are the focus of our “Animals” rating. Here we rate ID.EIGHT “Great”. It states that its entire product range is vegan.
Based on all publicly available information we’ve reviewed, we rate ID.EIGHT “Good” overall.