Price: $ $ $ $
Location: United States
Our “Planet” rating evaluates brands based on the environmental policies in their supply chains, from carbon emissions and wastewater to business models and product circularity. Here we rate Knickey “Great”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It uses a high proportion of lower-impact materials including Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic cotton.
- It uses low impact materials that help limit the chemicals, water, and wastewater in its supply chain.
- It offers clothing recycling to consumers to help address end-of-life textile waste.
- To reduce its climate impacts, it uses renewable energy in its supply chain.
Workers’ rights are central to our “People” rating, which assess brands’ policies and practices on everything from child labour to living wages and gender equality. Here we rate Knickey “Good”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- Much of its supply chain is certified by Fairtrade International – Small Producers Organisations and Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic cotton.
- It traces most of its supply chain.
- It ensures workers in its supply chain are paid a living wage.
Brands’ animal welfare policies and, where applicable, how well they trace their animal-derived products are the focus of our “Animals” rating. Since Knickey makes products that are generally free of animal-derived materials, we’ve not rated its impact on animals.
Its overall rating is based on its combined environment and labour scores. Based on all publicly available information we’ve reviewed, we rate Knickey “Great” overall.