Price: $ $ $ $
Location: United Kingdom
Our “Planet” rating evaluates brands based on the environmental policies in their supply chains, from carbon emissions and wastewater to business models and product circularity. Here we rate Luxtra “It’s a Start”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It uses some lower-impact materials including organic cotton.
- There’s no evidence it’s taking meaningful action to reduce water use.
- It manufactures its products closer to home to reduce the climate impact of long-distance shipping.
- To minimise waste, it recycles some of its textile offcuts.
Workers’ rights are central to our “People” rating, which assess brands’ policies and practices on everything from child labour to living wages and gender equality. Here we rate Luxtra “It’s a Start”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- Its final production stage happens in Italy, a medium risk country for labour abuse.
- It traces most of its supply chain.
- It claims it has a Code of Conduct but does not publicly disclose it.
- There’s no evidence it ensures workers are paid living wages in its supply chain.
Brands’ animal welfare policies and, where applicable, how well they trace their animal-derived products are the focus of our “Animals” rating. Here we rate Luxtra “Great”. PETA listed the brand as vegan.
Based on all publicly available information we’ve reviewed, we rate Luxtra “Good” overall.