Our “Planet” rating evaluates brands based on the environmental policies in their supply chains, from carbon emissions and wastewater to business models and product circularity. Here we rate Stay Wild “Great”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- It uses a medium proportion of lower-impact materials including recycled materials.
- It uses low impact materials that help limit the chemicals, water, and wastewater in its supply chain.
- It uses low-waste cutting techniques to maximize fabric use.
- It takes action to reduce process greenhouse gas emissions during manufacturing.
- It uses some recycled packaging.
Workers’ rights are central to our “People” rating, which assesses brands’ policies and practices on everything from child labor to living wages and gender equality. Here we rate Stay Wild “It’s a Start”. These are a few factors influencing its score:
- Some of its supply chain is certified by Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit – SMETA Best Practice Guidance, including most of its final production stage.
- It partly traces its supply chain including all of the final production stage.
- There’s no evidence it has a Code of Conduct.
- There’s no evidence it ensures workers are paid living wages in its supply chain.
Brands’ animal welfare policies and, where applicable, how well they trace their animal-derived products are the focus of our “Animals” rating. Since Stay Wild makes products that are generally free of animal-derived materials, we’ve not rated its impact on animals. Its overall rating is based on its combined environment and labor scores. Based on all publicly available information we’ve reviewed, we rate Stay Wild “Good” overall.